NounRum (plural Rums)
- (uncountable) A distilled spirit derived from fermented cane sugar and molasses.
- “The Royal Navy used to issue a rum ration to sailors.”
- (countable) A serving of rum.
- “Jake tossed down three rums.”
- (countable) A kind or brand of rum.
- “Bundaburg is one of my favourite rums.”
alcohol, alcoholic beverage, alcoholic drink, aqua vitae, ardent spirits, bad, bang-up, beverage, bizarre, bonzer, booze, boss, brew, bully, but good, cool, corking, crackerjack, curious, dandy, delicious, drink, ducky, eccentric, fab, fine and dandy, freaked out, freaky, funny, gear, great, grog, groovy, hard liquor, heavy, hot, hunky-dory, idiosyncratic, inebriant, intoxicant, intoxicating liquor, jam-up, just dandy, keen, kooky, liquor, little brown jug, marvy, mean, neat, nifty, nobby, odd, oddball, off, off the wall, okay, out, out of sight, outlandish, passing strange, peachy, peachy-keen, peculiar, potable, potation, punch bowl, quaint, queer, ripping, schnapps, scrumptious, singular, slap-up, smashing, social lubricant, solid, something else, spiffing, spiffy, spirits, strange, strong drink, strong waters, stunning, swell, the Demon Rum, the bottle, the cup, the flowing bowl, the luscious liquor, the ruddy cup, tough, toxicant, unearthly, water of life, weird, wizard, wondrous strange