NounSolution (plural Solutions)
- A homogeneous mixture, which may be liquid, gas or solid, formed by dissolving one or more substances.
- An act, plan or other means, used or proposed, to solve a problem.
- (mathematics) The answer to a problem.
- (business) The act or process of explaining or proposing an approach to solving a problem.
- (law) Satisfaction of a claim or debt.
Verbs for Solution
- (explanation) approach—; arrive at—; clarify—; comprehend—; demonstrate—; disagree with—; facilitate—; formulate—; furnish—; gain—; offer—; reach—; seek—; trace—; —coincides; —implies; —points; —racks.
- (mixture ) dilute—; dip—; gargle—; inject—; saturate with—; sponge—; —mixes; —strengthens, seek—.
Adjectives for Solution
- (general) dilute; saline; partial; attenuated; elusive commonplace; classic; irritating; logical colloidal; formless; transparent; decent pacific; ultimate; dirt; deodorizing; obvious; antiseptic; adaptive; delightful; consequent; rational; supernatural; basic; successful; supersaturated; practical; satisfying; contemporary; sensible; equitable;
ideal; peaceful; ordinary; lofty.
action, ad hoc measure, adaptation, allegorization, answer, arrangement, artifice, blend, chemical solution, clarification, colliquation, compound, conclusion, contrivance, countermove, coup, course of action, cracking, decipherment, decoagulation, decoction, decoding, deliquescence, deliquium, demarche, demonstration, demythologization, denouement, device, discovery, dissolution, dissolving, dodge, editing, effort, elucidation, emendation, emulsion, enlightenment, euhemerism, exegesis, exemplification, expedient, explanation, explication, exposition, expounding, finding out, fluid, fluidification, fluidization, fusing, fusion, gimmick, harmonization, illumination, illustration, improvisation, infusion, instrumentation, intonation, jury-rig, jury-rigged expedient, key, last expedient, last resort, last shift, leach, leachate, leaching, light, liquefaction, liquescence, liquescency, liquid, lixiviation, lixivium, makeshift, maneuver, means, measure, melting, mixing, mixture, modulation, move, orchestration, outcome, percolation, phrasing, pis aller, preparation, rationale, reason, resolution, resort, resource, result, revelation, running, setting, settlement, settling, shake-up, shift, simplification, solubilization, solving, step, stopgap, stratagem, stroke, stroke of policy, suspension, tactic, temporary expedient, thawing, tone painting, transcription, trick, trump, unclotting, unlocking, working hypothesis, working proposition
- IPA: /səˈluːʃən/