NounChicken (countable and uncountable; plural Chickens)
- (countable) A domestic fowl, Gallus gallus, especially when young
- (uncountable) The meat from this bird eaten as food.
- (countable, slang) A coward.
- (countable, gay slang) A young, attractive, slim man, usually having little body hair. Cf. chickenhawk
- (countable, slang) A young or inexperienced person.
- A confrontational game in which the participants move toward each other at high speed (usually in automobiles); the player who turns first to avoid colliding into the other is the loser.
- The game of dare.
- (intransitive) To avoid as a result of fear.
- (intransitive) To develop physical or other characteristics resembling a chicken's, for example, bumps on the skin.
- (bird): cock (male only), chook (Australia, NZ), hen (female only), rooster (male only)
- (young, attractive, slim man): twink
- (young inexperience person): spring chicken