NounCherry (plural cherries)
- A red fruit with a single hard stone.
- The color of ripe cherries.
- Wood of any of various cherry trees especially the black cherry.
- A small fruit, usually red, black or yellow, with a smooth hard seed and a short hard stem.
- A tree or shrub that bears cherries.
- (slang) Virginity, particularly of a woman.
- Red, reddish, ruddy, blood-red, carmine, cerise, crimson, ruby, ruby-red, scarlet.
- Of a color at the end of the color spectrum (next to orange); resembling the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies).
- Containing or having the taste of cherries.
- (informal, often of cars) In excellent condition; mint condition.